Friday, November 21, 2014

Summer 2014

Well, so much for posting more often... :/  Oh well, better once or twice then never.

It has been a summer full of traveling.

After spending March in Alaska with my family we drove down the Alcan with them for Family Week and, although we didn't know it at the time, Deborah and Trey's Wedding.

Flying out to Anchorage on our way to the lower 48.

On the Alcan.

After making it through Canada we got to North Dakota and Deborah and Trey got betrothed.  After spending a few days with Grandma in ND we headed for Colorado to our house.  The whole family spent the weekend with us and went skiing for a day.

Sarah and I taking a break.

After skiing we headed to Kentucky for Family Week and Passover then on to North Carolina to visit Grandma and Grandpa and for the Versteeg family reunion.  

 We had five generations in one picture.  Ronen, the fifth generation, was still inside of me though. :)

This was the last time we got to see Grandpa Rogers.  He had a heart attack and died a week before Ronen was born.  Ronen would have been his first great grandchild.  He was a great Grandpa and I wish he would have been able to meet Ronen.

The Versteeg family.

After leaving Grandma and Grandpa's house Dayton and I headed back to Colorado to spend a week at home for a midwife appointment.  The rest of my family headed to North Dakota to get ready for Deborah and Trey's Wedding.  

After a week Dayton and I headed to ND also to help get ready for the wedding.

We had the wedding on Grandma's farm.  It was a lot of fun.  A lot of people came and camped out for the whole weekend including Dayton's family.  It was a weekend of continuous volleyball.

My entire family.

All the girls.

 All the boys.

The wedding cake I got to make.  (Wedding pictures from A-Team Photography)

After the wedding my family went back to Alaska and Dayton and I drove home to Colorado with his family.

I was 36 weeks pregnant at this point and we decided we should stay home for a while. :)

Ronen Eliyahu was born on June 12.

A couple hours after he was born.

Mom was there for the birth.  She was in North Carolina for Grandpa Rogers funeral and flew straight to Colorado on the day Ronen was due.  I went into labor the morning after she flew in.

I had him at home with a wonderful midwife and the labor was great with no complications.

Four days old.

After spending a month at home recouping we hit the road again for family reunions in Oklahoma and Texas. 

Ronen enjoyed meeting Papa Warren.

After spending time in Oklahoma for Mema's birthday Dayton and I, along with his borther and sister, headed to Minnesota for Deborah's sister-in-law's wedding.

Deborah got to meet Ronen while we were there.


After the wedding we spent a week at Grandma Effie's with Deborah and Trey.


After spending the week at Grandma's and going to another friends wedding we headed back home and actually stayed there for a couple months.

That was our summer up to August.  I'll finish up the fall later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment