Saturday, March 15, 2014

Catch Up Post

Well, I'm only over due for a post by about, oh, a year.
I'm pretty sure no one reads this blog who doesn't read my Mom and Dad's blog, but here's a quick recap of why I've been slacking.
After my last post, in March we headed down to the lower 48 for a trip, I ended up getting betrothed on April 29 to Dayton Warren.


We decided to extend our trip so Dayton and I could get married before we went back up to Alaska to avoid having to make another trip again in a few months.
We got married on June 16.


After getting married we spent two and an half months in Alaska with my family.


The end of August we headed back down to the states and moved into a condo in Summit County, Colorado.  In October we found out we were pregnant.  The baby is due June 11.


We've spent the winter skiing and helping out with the vending business Dayton's family owns while we're in our first year ("When a man has taken a new wife, he shall not go out to war or be charged with any business; he shall be free at home one year" Deut 24:5).
Right now we're in Alaska spending a month with my family.
There, all caught up. ;)
I'll post some from our trip to AK soon and try to post a bit more frequently than once a year.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to see you are posting again, it is great to hear how things are going for the new family, I hope your pregnancy is going smoothly. Love your quote from Deut.25:5 , it is shame not all families start with this advantage.

    ReplyDelete