Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  We did.
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.  You get to cook a ton of wonderful food then have a bunch of people over to help eat it, watch football and of course be thankful for it all.
(speaking of football, here's how I wish the Patriots vs. Jets game would have gone)
Pinned Image
We had a ton of food this year.  Mom made the turkey and stuffing, Deborah made pumpkin pull bread, mashed potatoes, fried rice and rolls, all new recipes she found on Pinterest, I made a ton of pies, Anna made dozens of cookies and Quentin made snicker doodle apple pie (he is famous in Nondalton for his snicker doodles☺). Sound like much sugar?
We tried to get most of our baking done the day before since the turkey would be in the oven all morning.  I'm pretty sure every single mixing bowl, pot and pan in the house was dirty.  Poor Joshua, he was washing dishes.  And after all that we were still using three ovens the next morning.
Josh A was laughing at me while we were cooking.  I was getting frustrated helping Caleb make pies.  He said "you sound so nice and calm on your blog".  It's the truth.  Sadly I have no patience when it comes to working with Caleb, especially in the kitchen.  That night we read the first chapter of James.
But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be 
perfect and complete, lacking nothing.  James 1:4
Yeah, I'm not sure if Dad read that chapter on purpose or not.
But, despite all the craziness it was still a wonderful Thanksgiving.  We are going to be eating leftovers for a week.
Now I have to work off all those pies with 40 minutes of Pure Cardio.  Yeah, I'm going to die.  #itsinsanity

2 comments:

  1. Sweet blog! I love it. :) I miss you and love you.
    -Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw...now I'm missing those mountains all over again. Great photos, Abigail!

    ReplyDelete