Saturday, December 15, 2012

Week 4 - Dinner

For this week I was going to take pictures of the nice Thanksgiving-esque (I know... fancy word ;) meal I cooked on Monday but I got a bit distracted.  

The turkey I cooked was HUGE.  The chart on the back of the bag didn't even give you a time for one this big.  
Being as how it was so big, it rather dwarfed the pan I was cooking it in, so before it was done all the juices started spilling over the sides into the oven.  I thought I caught it before it started spilling over and poured enough juice out to make gravy but obviously not.  
I had just put sweet potato fries in with the turkey to cook and started thinking, man, they sound like they're really getting fried.  So I opened up the oven to check on them and the whole bottom of the oven was on fire.  
Dad had to come put it out because the thing just wouldn't quit burning. 
The house got so smoky.  We had the door and all the windows open (not fun in the winter) and it still took forever to air out.

So... yeah... it still tasted good (perhaps a bit of a smokey flavor ;), but I completely forgot to take pictures.  


On Wednesday we went to Regina's for dinner with all the teachers so I took pictures of that dinner instead.


Regina made spaghetti, Mom made beans, Deborah made cinnamon bread sticks, Quentin made snicker doodles and Mrs. Richter made a wonderful chocolate cake because it was Mr. Richter's birthday.

I know, I know, terrible composition.
I'm pretty sure I ate mostly sweets.


But they were good.


The boys and Anna put together a puzzle while they ate.



Sarah and David love the new scratch-it book they got from Uncle Charlie and Aunt Margaret.



Here's Anna's picture of the dinner we had today.  The best part, pumpkin pie (we seem to be stuck on Thanksgiving, not that I'm complaining).


No comments:

Post a Comment